Sunday, August 23, 2026

Pretty Impressed with Knee Replacement


 My wife got a knee replacement on Tuesday, the 18th of August, and I am pretty impressed with how it is going. Despite the long wait, once the knee replacement took place, the physio was all set up, and the follow-ups with the doctors were as well.

The exercises have all been set up to do at home, and there is a virtual site in which she can log in every day so she can check in to mark her progress.

She has an ice flow machine, which they recommended purchasing. It is pretty neat as it pumps this ice water through this hose to a wrap around her knee to alleviate the pain.

After five days, she is getting in and out of bed, and today even managed to take a shower. She is walking up the stairs with the aid of a crutch. She is doing great.

In a few weeks, she will be walking around with no pain. It's amazing what medicine and science have been able to accomplish. I can only imagine what it was like for people with bad knees before there were knee replacements. Or hip replacements. I even heard of someone getting a rebuilt ankle.

Living in Canada is not bad either. It's all free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty Impressed with Knee Replacement

 My wife got a knee replacement on Tuesday, the 18th of August, and I am pretty impressed with how it is going. Despite the long wait, once ...

Some Most Read Posts