Saturday, June 20, 2020

Viareggio Italy



Okay as promised every other day will be a travel feature of somewhere I went while working on the cruise ship. Today I will feature a seaside resort in Italy named Viareggio situated on the Ligurian Sea locally referred to as the Tyrrhenian Sea. The Tyrrhenian people were a people dating back to 6 BC.

Located on the west coast of Italy in the wine growing region of Tuscany this was always a great spot. The beaches were great and the nearby streets were full of bars, restaurants, and souvenir shops for the plenty of tourists who used to flock there daily.

I use to go to the beach and take a swim but most of the time I use to grab a nice lunch because one thing I do enjoy is Italian food especially those pizzas. Then have that and down a few Peroni beers.

One thing Viareggio is famous for though is their ship yards where they built super yachts. Yachts that were bought by billionaires not just millionaires. I use to walk around where these yachts were moored and just gaze at them. I have mentioned this before but if I had to do one thing more that I didn't do was to be a waiter on one of these ships. Of course it wouldn't be just serving food as I am sure there would be other duties to fulfill as well.

I took a gander at some of these shipyards and below is a video taken of the inside of one of these super yachts. I will say this it is no wonder they needed ten staff to work on one of these. Just click on the link below where I have also included a map of where this seaside resort is. You may want to check it out if you are in Tuscany Italy one day.

Meanwhile I think I will go back to listen to my Eros Ramazotti tape while you look at this video. In fact I will even leave you a link to that as well.
Viareggio is top left where there you see an indentation


Grand Hotel in Viareggio

                                                             Super Yacht Video

                                                              Eros Ramazotti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still Doing Ubereats

 It’s been a long time since I posted. Since October 2021 in fact when I last talked about working at Ubereats. Well this January I am compl...

Some Most Read Posts